Chester's only clinic for: Self-funding patients; Bupa, AXA & Cigna, WPA, Vitality Health, Aviva and Allianz
Sciatica is a specific type of low back pain that normally radiates from the low back into the buttocks, hip, and then down the leg into the foot. Our fully qualified physiotherapists have years of experience in treating and alleviating sciatica pain.
What causes sciatica?
- Injury to a muscle, ligament.
- Trauma injury to the lumbar spine or sciatic nerve.
- A herniated or slipped disc that causes pressure on a nerve root.
- Degenerative disc disease is the natural wear down of the discs between vertebrae of the spine.
- Spinal stenosis is the abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal.
- Osteoarthritis. Bone spurs can form in aging spines and compress lower back nerves.
- Spondylolisthesis is a slippage of one vertebra so that it is out of line with the one above it, narrowing the opening through which the nerve exits.
Symptoms usually include:
- Moderate to severe pain in lower back, buttock and down your leg.
- Numbness or weakness in your lower back, buttock, leg or feet.
- Pain that worsens with movement; loss of movement.
- “Pins and needles” feeling in your legs, toes or feet.
- Loss of bowel and bladder control (due to cauda equina).
We combine traditional physiotherapy treatment including manipulation, mobilisation, massage, acupuncture, interferential, Shockwave, Podiatric Biomechanical Assessments and specific exercise therapy.
Our fully qualified and experienced physiotherapists are able to treat sciatica by reducing nerve pressure caused by poorly moving spinal joints as well as easing muscular tension in the lower spine, buttock and leg.
This is achieved by using a combination of the following techniques:
- Spinal mobilisations.
- Massage therapy and trigger point therapy.
- Stretching tight muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments.
- Shockwave Therapy and other electrical stimulation devices.
- Advice in relation to how to minimise pressure and irritation of the sciatic nerve.
- A series of home stretching exercises.
- Ice and heat to help aid your recovery.
InMotion Clinics welcomed the former 10Bridge physiotherapy clinic mid-2018. 10Bridge had already developed an excellent reputation for its expertise in the management of patients with sciatica and musculoskeletal problems. Its founder, Mark Browes was previously recruited to be first-team Physio for Liverpool FC.
Our Graduate Physiotherapists are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, the Organisation of Physiotherapists in Private Practice, and are registered with the Health Professions Council.
If you would like to book in with either Mark, Harriet or Serina, initial appointments (45 minutes, including treatment) are £56.00.
Follow-on treatments for 30 minutes are £47
I’ve known Mark Browes since 1999 when he joined the medical department of the first team at Liverpool FC. Since that time I’ve enjoyed a great professional and personal relationship with a man I’ve come to greatly admire. His professionalism and dedication is second to none. Having played for some of the top clubs in world football, I know that Mark is respected throughout the game. Mark will always be a friend.
When you are competing at the highest level, you need to know that you are in safe hands! I had complete faith in Mark Browes; if it wasn’t for his physiotherapy and rehabilitation treatments, through a number of bad injuries at Liverpool, my football career would have come to a premature end. I thoroughly recommend Mark, he is not only a superb physio but also a good friend.
I suffered various knee injuries during my 5 seasons at Liverpool Football Club and Mark Browes was instrumental in getting me back to fitness each time. Following operations by Dr Steadman in Colorado, Mark took me through the complete rehabilitation process. It is due to his skill and expertise that I was able to continue playing at both Premiership and International level, proving that with the right treatment and care, a serious injury does not mean the end of a career.
Our comprehensive list of available treatments
If you find it difficult to look after your feet, our Chiropody services will be just what you need.
We can provide the latest treatments for specific areas of pain. In your Initial Physiotherapy consultation and treatment we will discuss your massage needs and recommend the best approach for you.
We are proud to be Chester's first clinic to use an Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy Machine for the benefit of our patients.
Our fully refurbished clinic is equipped to provide a full range of Clinical Aesthetic services.